Aug 18, 2016
Read Risa's funny top 10 Tips on Back to School Dos and Don'ts
It's inevitable, the carefree summer time is over and parents everywhere are gearing up for back to school. Here are a few quick tips to ease us back into the routine with a smile.
1. Shop early! On the hottest August day, stay cool and shop for school supplies! Staying nice and cool inside will make shopping for pencils and notebooks much more tolerable.
2. Shop online for school clothes. Let's be frank, there are few things more emotionally and physically draining as taking young children to try on clothes. Order online - find a store with free returns anytime and never, ever bring your child into a dressing room again.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to visit the Pediatrician - schedule your well visit early in summer to give yourself months to fill out the hundreds of documents needed each year.
4. Don't wait by the mail box for your child's teacher or schedule. Unless the school has a serial killer on staff, your child will learn to like or deal with whomever they are assigned.
5. Don't wait until picture day for back to school haircuts. Too short bangs should not be documented.
6. Do order all their school books early and leave them right on their desks. So by the time the first day of school arrives, they won’t scramble around in a panic looking for them.
7. Do start the year off smart by using Rosemary Repel Hair Care. Avoid the all-encompassing panic when you get the "there's lice in your child's class" letter. Organic herbs help prevent head lice and it detangles making mornings just a bit less stressful too.
8. Do start lunchbox shopping early. Remember, these could be worth a lot of money on Ebay one day - choose wisely!
9. Do start putting the kids to bed earlier a few days before school. This makes that first, most stressful first morning back a bit more tolerable. Bonus, this also saves your vocal cords from wearing out screaming "get out of bed" 5 million times.
10. Don't buy a calendar and start x-ing out the days until Christmas Break - too soon, way too soon.
Risa Barash, Founder & Owner & the entire Fairy Tales Hair Care Family
Our Fairy Tales complete line is available at Ulta, Bed, Bath & Beyond, salons and select pharmacies and retail stores, as well as online at www.fairytaleshaircare.com. #1 recommended by pediatricians, school nurses and moms since 1999!