Jan 16, 2017
Lice Invasion Part Deux
Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a lovely holiday and a very happy new year's celebration. Or if you're like me, you had a good long rest!
Now it's back to school time or as I like to call it; Lice Invasion Part Deux. It's true! Kids are back from spending time with cousins, sleepovers with friends, traveling on planes, sitting in movie theatres and lots and lots of hugging. These things can all contribute to lice outbreaks in January. Nothing says "I’ve missed you" like a big hug and the gift of a louse!
So, what's a parent to do to prep for back to school Lice Outbreak Part Deux? PREVENTION! Just follow these easy steps using Rosemary Repel Hair Care.
- Use Rosemary Repel Shampoo & Rosemary Repel Conditioner nightly or every other day if possible. Lice like clean hair so a little grime is a good thing.
- EVERY morning use the Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray. Spray throughout layers of the hair, tops of shoulders, behind ears, back of neck and part lines. You can also spray backpacks, jackets and hats.
- "Seal" off that hair shaft! Spritz on RR Hair Spray or use Rosemary Repel Gel. This bulks up the hair strands making it super hard for a louse to grab onto.
- Put your child's hair up in a bun or pony tail every day during the outbreak.
- Head checks! If there are lice in your school, spend 10 minutes and do a NIGHTLY head check. Look for little eggs (nits) stuck about ½ - ¼ inch from the top of head. They will be greyish/white in color and they will NOT budge if you try and remove them. Don't confuse them with a little dandruff/dry scalp. Do the "blow" test – if you blow on them and they actually move you have dry skin, not lice.
Too late?? Don’t panic. Lice are a nuisance, not a health issue. You will get thru this. Remind yourself not to scream and run away from your child – that kind of parenting will come up in therapy years from now. Here’s what you need to do:
- Pour yourself a glass of wine and take a deep breath.
- Use a good lice comb such as the Fairy Tales Terminator Comb.
- Apply Lice Good-Bye. Our mousse uses natural enzymes to stun a live bug making them easy to remove and it dissolves the sticky nit glue. This is key as those nits hatch in 7-10 days. Missed nits will lead to another outbreak. Really working the Lice Good-Bye mousse into the hair shaft and comb carefully thru small sections of hair. This will stop this outbreak fast!
- Use this time to talk! You will be spending some serious quality time with your child.
- Call us if you need help or have any questions. 888-244-1990.
Here’s to a lice free 2017!
Risa Barash, Founder & Owner & the entire Fairy Tales Hair Care Family
Our Fairy Tales complete line is available at Ulta, Bed, Bath & Beyond, salons and select pharmacies and retail stores, as well as online at www.fairytaleshaircare.com. #1 recommended by pediatricians, school nurses and moms since 1999!